What about some automation for your home? Do not insist that it is expensive and inefficient, and that you can live without it. First, check some examples, and then, you can make the final decision.
Take your home office, for example. Is it automated? Ok, we’’l be more precise: do you use a traditional or an automated desk?
You know the benefits an automated desk provides you, don’t you? Those are:
- An opportunity to change from a sitting position into a standing one. It means, you can stretch your muscles and joints, and physically enable them to rest.
- You can adjust the desk height to the optimal value which helps you to get rid of pains in the neck and the back, and even migraines, at least those caused by poor oxygen delivery to your brain.
- You don’t gain weight, and if you do exercises, you can even be losing weight constantly. Of course, your physical condition will be improving.
Are these reasons enough to switch to a height-adjustable item? If you are still hesitating, consider that you don’t need to buy a ready item. You can build one. It is much cheaper, and you can select, order, or even make a desk top on your own to make it comply with all your needs.
All you need to do is to buy a standing desk base, and make a desk top to attach to it. With it, you will have a perfect automated desk that will serve your needs for decades.
Another great automation idea would be perfect for your kitchen. It will work especially if you have been always dreaming about a lot of devices that will facilitate your life greatly.
You don’t need to be an expert to install a lifting column with a platform. You need to buy one from a reliable manufacturer, and then, you can proceed with the installation.
Once the platform arrives, do the following.
- Choose the place for the lifting platform. It can be one of your kitchen cabinets.
- In the cabinet surface, make an opening big enough to let the needed device pass.
- In the cabinet, on the bottom, install the lifting column. When lifted, it shall be aligned with the opening in the cabinet surface.
- Fix a platform on the lifting column. Fix the needed device on the platform. In an extended position, the platform is aligned with the cabinet surface in a way to let you use the device.
- Make sure everything works properly and tighten the screws.
- Make a cap to close the opening when the device is hidden inside of the kitchen cabinet.
That’s it, you have one more device that will facilitate your life, and the kitchen is not more clogged. Do you want more devices? Install more lifting columns.
A TV Lift
Another project you might want to implement is an automated TV lift. It serves several purposes:
- It allows you to save space by hiding your TV set just anywhere: in a cabinet, behind a bookcase, high on a wall, or even above the ceiling.
- It protects your TV from damage, especially if pets or small kids are in the house.
- It looks cool.
You don’t need to do a lot. Just buy the lifting frame, install it on the wall, in the place where you want to have your TV, and fix the TV on it.
If you want to keep your device in a cabinet, you need to proceed like in the case with a lifting column. But instead of a kitchen device, you will have a TV set. There are many instructions on how to do it, we are sure you can find the best one or you can even invent your own way.
For a ceiling installation, you need to hire at least an electrician to hide all those cables if you aren’t sure how to do it. But this installation might be one of the most impressive. So, if you go for it, you can be sure that it will be worth the effort and the money spent.
Now, you are ready for a new positive change in your life. With actuators, you can automate your home completely and make it more comfortable.
Also Read – Working for Change: 5 Reasons Social Working is Needed Now More Than Ever