At&t Unauthorized Payment Scam (Sep 2020) Scanty Reviews.>> This article will give you an insight into the scam messages received in the name of brands.
Several people have been facing spam texts these days. AT&T Unauthorized Payment Scam is one of this kind.
People around the globe, including the United States, are receiving scam texts. Many crooks use text messages to get the personal information of people. It is known as SMiShing, as the texts are “short message system” or SMS messages.
What is AT&T?
The AT&T Mobile Security app scans smartphones for potential malware that include worms, Trojans, spyware, and various other suspicious software. These are mobile Security scans that are operated on-demand and when any app is installed. Let us talk about AT&T Unauthorized Payment Scam.
Types of Text Scams
People receive text messages that lead to a fake website that mirrors the real company website. Such websites ask the people to fill in details like username, password, personal information, credit card information, etc., just like AT&T Unauthorized Payment Scam.
Spam text messages:
The ads that are undesired and unwanted are spam texts. People must avoid responding to such texts; otherwise, the spammers get alert that the phone number of the person is genuine. These are the messages that count against the text plan of a person. Moreover, the text messages containing the phone number are another piece of the scam. One must not call on the number to ask the meaning of the text.
Protect yourself from the scams
- Do not open text messages from someone you don’t know and trust.
- Do not share your personal information through texts to any unknown sender.
- Scammers use fake websites by forging the company’s logos, styles, and signatures. It is better to go directly on to the company’s website instead of clicking the link’s text messages.
- A safe website contains an “s” in the address after http and a lock icon at the bottom screen.
The scammers usually attack the people in the United States to gain access to their personal information and bank accounts so that it becomes possible for them to order equipment, make changes, or obtain personal data.
- A fake offering from scammers as an AT&T Unauthorized Payment Scam reward would lead the text receiver to a website that would seem like it is related to the company but is not. They ask you to log into your www. [fake-website].com account and redeem the reward. They add the message, ” At AT&T we care about you. Thank you and have a nice day.”
- Another fake message says that your payment is on hold, and then they ask you to confirm the payment source or your account status by entering the information or calling the phone.
One should report suspicion text messages or any alerts by forwarding such texts to 7726(SPAM). This text forwarding won’t comply with any charges as they are free. One can also ask for the Fraud Department by calling on 611.
Have you been a victim of AT&T Unauthorized Payment Scam? Kindly share your views in the comments section below.